Bracing can be an effective solution for a wide range of ailments, including arthritis, injuries to a joint or ligament, difficulties after a stroke, and much more!
Through a free, no obligation consultation, we will work with you to review your condition or injury and select the product which will be most beneficial for your activity level and condition/injury.
.Orthopedic Braces are designed to:
– improve alignment and shift weight off the affected area of your body.
– assist individuals in reducing inflammation and pain
– provide support and stabilization for musculoskeletal conditions pre/post operative, post traumatic events and sport related injuries
– act as an aid in injury prevention
.Treating conditions such as (but not limited to) the following:
- Ankle Sprains and Strains
- Pre/Post Operative Conditions
- Achilles Tendonitis/Rupture
- Drop Foot
- Tennis Elbow
- SI – Sacroiliac Joint (Spine)
- Shoulder Pain
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) injury
- Medial / Lateral Collateral Ligament (MCL/LCL)
- Jumper’s knee / Osgood Schlatter Disease
- Knee Injuries
Do I need an appointment?
Appointments are recommended to ensure our Bracing Specialist is available to see you when you arrive. .
Do I need a prescription/referral?
No, a prescription is not required to see our Bracing Specialist. However, most insurance companies do require a prescription in order to provide reimbursement for braces. It is best to check with your insurance provider to ensure you are aware of the requirements.
Will my insurance plan pay for my brace?
Each insurance plan is different; therefore, coverage for each product will vary from plan to plan. We are happy to contact your insurance company on your behalf to find out your coverage and the requirements needed for you to be reimbursed. Upon request, we are happy to direct bill your health benefits plan should your plan allow for this service. Direct billing needs to be arranged prior to your appointment.
Note: If you would like us to bill your plan directly, please call to inquire if you plan permits direct billing. Some plans require members to pay for the services and submit receipts for reimbursement.
How should I prepare for my brace appointment?
Arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time to register and complete paperwork.
Bring your prescription/referral (if needed for insurance purposes) from your physician or healthcare professional approved by your insurance company.
Be sure to wear loose fitting clothing to enable accurate measurements.
What will take place at my bracing appointment?
Our Bracing Specialist will review your prescription or the issues and pain you are experiencing and discuss which product would be best for your needs. Then you will be measured for the brace.
Brands Available include: Thuasne / Townsend / Promaster, Ottobock and Donjoy