Shoes / Boots / Sandals / Athletic Shoes / Diabetic
- Ladies Sizes 4.5 – 13 Widths AA – 4E
- Mens Sizes 6.5 – 16 Widths B – 6E
Footwear in stock for people requiring both fashionable and orthopedic footwear to accommodate/treat a wide variety of foot shapes and conditions. Including- foot deformities, edema, diabetes, tendon disorders, etc.
Orthotics can be built to fit in any shoe. However, proper fit and function of the footwear will impact the effectiveness of the orthotics.
See below for a list of footwear brands we carry in our clinic.
- Finn Comfort
- JB Goodhue
- New Balance
- PW Minor
Lesson on footwear
- The arch area of the shoe should be strong and supportive – it should not bend. You should not be able to compress the heel counter (back of the shoe) or easily twist the shoe.
- Wear footwear appropriate for the activity. On occasions where dress shoes must be worn, limit excessive walking. Lace-up shoes offer more support than slip on shoes.
- Make sure the widest part of your foot fits comfortably into the widest part of the shoe.
- If you have one foot larger than the other buy shoes to fit the larger foot.
- Replace footwear as required, factors such as activity level, walking surfaces, weight, etc. will affect the life of footwear.
- Select shoes that match the shape of your feet, the footbed should be as wide as your feet and 3/8 inch longer than your feet in the unweighted position.
- Shoes with removable insoles allow for full-length orthotics, providing you with extra support and comfort.